Controls Integration Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Seeking a full-time engineer to join our Controls Engineering group. Candidate will be responsible for integration of control algorithms for complex electromechanical systems
- Practical knowledge of systems theory and control systems design, including classical and modern control methodologies.
- Practical knowledge of sensor and actuator physics.
- Experience integrating real-time safety-critical control algorithms and embedded control software on microcontroller platforms.
- Experience with electromechanical integration of mechatronic systems:
- -- serial communications: Ethernet, CAN, LIN, UART, SPI
- -- low voltage and high voltage power systems and I/O /
- -- basic mechanical component assembly
- Experience with commercial rapid controls prototyping systems, e.g. dSPACE.
- -- I/O configuration, model configuration, test automation, fault injection
- -- runtime operation, data visualization, collection, and analysis
- Experience testing controllers on Hardware-in-the-Loop (HIL) systems.
- Proficiency in MathWorks tools: MATLAB/Simulink is a must. Simulink-RT preferred.
- Proficiency in Python is a must. C/C++ preferred.
- Proficiency in modern software development workflows and practices, including version control, build and test systems, and peer review.
We are seeking a highly motivated controls integration engineer to support the development of controls for complex dynamical systems. - Collaborate in highly cross-functional environment and work closely with control design engineers, software engineers, systems integration engineers, and sensor and actuator design engineers. - Lead the planning and execution of control integration milestones, from simulation-based testing to verification on real hardware in broad operating conditions. - Work with software team to ensure robust controller implementation on embedded microcontrollers. - Work with modeling team to integrate models and controllers into simulation environment for rapid development and validation.
Education & Experience
BS or MS degree in Electrical Engineering, Mechanical Engineering, Aerospace Engineering, or Mechatronics Engineering.