WW PMO Lead for Retail
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
We are seeking an experienced PMO Lead to help manage our Retail (RCDX) Project Portfolio and Governance Process. The Program Management Office (PMO) provides stewardship of the our programs across the full roadmap for the Retail organization, champions alignment cross-functionally, innovates to increase the efficiency of the PMO, and gains cross-functional engagement from others teams in the organizations. This person would work in a range of capacities, from supporting portfolio reporting, to training, and project management. The successful candidate must have experience initiating, managing, and improving a PMO. The role is responsible for critical aspects of Retail capital planning, communication, and change structures globally. Critical to the success of the role will be the ability to communicate and partner across the organization with business groups, IS&T teams, and specific cross-functional teams. Also required is experience recovering medium to large sized global, cross-functional projects.
- 5-7 years of PMO and Project Management
- Solid ability to manage projects in a timely manner.
- Proficient at managing multiple efforts simultaneously.
- Strong communication and presentation skills.
- Exceptional leadership skills.
- Champion for continuous improvements.
- Ability to maintain and develop relationships cross functionally.
- Ability to develop new strategies and options for new projects and programs.
- Understanding of system implementation.
- Strong organizational and documentation skills.
- Crisis management for critical programs.
- Owning execution at the portfolio level, reporting, and cross-portfolio impact assessment.
- Understanding of project, program, and portfolio processes, and ability to take direction and work independently on project tasks and reports.
- Understanding of organizational change principles, with knowledge of how to coordinate activities with project managers and organizations, such as documenting change impacts, creating change toolkit assets, and organizing training events.
- Running the management system our team uses to stay aligned and to communicate internally.
- Acting as a program management function for key cross-functional initiatives within People organization.
- Ability to navigate relationships with cross-functional partners for support.
- Ability to conduct robust business process analysis and to recommend solutions.
- Responsible for annual capital planning and ongoing budget tracking and adjustments within the year for a balanced outcome. - Communicates with partners consistently to ensure quality of product and service. - Acts as a liaison between the business and technology teams to ensure Retail PMO needs are adequately met with technology solutions. - Assigns key personnel to project teams while balancing business needs and expectations. - Develops strong partnerships and holds accountability to gain resolution of key issues. - Ensures sound standards and tracking for global initiatives and, where required, regional-specific needs. - Portfolio reporting on a weekly and ad-hoc basis. - Collecting status reports and consolidating into executive-level presentations. - Documenting meeting minutes and keeping records of portfolio meetings. - Organizing summits and training events, from sending Calendar invites, to distributing agendas, coordinating meeting rooms, documenting meeting notes, and collecting and posting results, etc. - Drives development of strategy for global PMO initiatives—clarifying roles with cross-functional partners within the department and across Apple. - Champions organizational change. - Manages, plans, and coordinates key PMO forums and initiatives. - Crafts monthly newsletter. - Responsible for sourcing or building tools for reporting management updates, providing visibility of key programs and initiatives, team efficiency/resources, and measurement/metric tracking. - Needs to be extremely proficient in Excel and building presentations in Keynote.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree required.
- - Experience leading system implementation.
- - Experience building and leading Program and Change Management offices.
- - Service organization experience is helpful.
- - Literacy with productivity tools: Keynote, Numbers, Excel, Database scripting.
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace.