AI/ML - Data Infrastructure Engineer, Siri Search & Knowledge Platform
Seattle, Washington, United States
Machine Learning and AI
Data Infrastructure team within the Siri organization powers analytics, experimentation and ML feature engineering to power Siri we all love in our Apple devices. The mission of the Data Infrastructure org is to provide cutting edge, reliable and easy to use infrastructure for ingesting, storing, processing and interacting with data and help the teams that build data intensive applications be successful. The Data Infrastructure team is looking for engineers who wants to bring their passion for infrastructure to build world class infrastructure products. You will build and lead our data infrastructure team and help the members of your team grow both technically and professionally. You will work with many cross functional teams and lead the planning, execution and success of technical projects with the ultimate purpose of improving Siri experience for Apple customers.
- 3+ years of experience scaling and operating distributed systems like big data processing engines (e.g., Apache Hadoop, Apache Spark), streaming systems (e.g., Apache Flink, Apache Kafka), or resource management systems (e.g., Apache Mesos, Kubernetes)
- Fluency in Java, Scala or a similar language
- Ability to debug complex issues in large scale distributed systems
- Passion for building infrastructure that is reliable, easy to use and easy to maintain
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with Apache Spark programming, ETL, data warehousing
- environments is helpful but not required
Description The ideal candidate will have outstanding communication skills, proven data infrastructure design and implementation capabilities, strong business acumen, and an innate drive to deliver results. He/she will be a self-starter, comfortable with ambiguity and will enjoy working in a fast-paced dynamic environment. Responsibilities will include • Build and operate Apple’s largest data infrastructure supporting millions of Siri users at 100+ PB scale • Scale and operationalize big data technologies like Spark, Kafka, Presto, Flink, Hadoop in both on-premise and AWS environment • Ensure data infrastructure offers reliable high-quality data with consistent SLAs with good monitoring, alerting and incident response and continual investment to reduce tech-debt • Write code, documentation, participate in code reviews, and mentor other engineers
Education & Experience
B.S., M.S., or PhD in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, or equivalent practical experience.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.