Operations RF Test Engineer – SiP
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. With the dramatic growth of Apple’s business we are creating new opportunities for individuals to work on the most exciting new products at Apple. The Operations Test Engineer will have strong test engineering and active engagement with the Hardware Design, Software Design, Engineering Test and Operations teams in Apple.
- 5+ years of technical working experience in high volume manufacturing of consumer electronics
- Knowledge of semiconductor manufacturing process and validation
- In depth knowledge of chip level and board level memory/functional testing
- Excellent understanding of electronic assembly processes.
- Experience with automated test equipment (ATE and SLT) qualification, oversee the design and assembly of ATEs and test fixtures
- Knowledgeable in production control processes, data analysis/interpretation, GR&R, Cp/Cpk and correlation analysis
- Proven experience with Python, C/C++
- Excellent communication skills with proficiency in oral/written English. Mandarin language skills are a plus.
- Shown ability to work independently under high pressure and comfortable working in multifaceted environment
- Ability to travel to the worldwide manufacturing sites to work face to face with the local Test Engineering teams at key points in the product development cycle
You will work closely with the Hardware and Software design teams to ensure the test equipment / processes required for the New Products meet the standards encouraged in a high volume manufacturing environment Lead the standardization and optimization of the test processes Comprehensively understand and demonstrate the Return on Investment analysis for test engineering investments Provide technical / product expertise to the in-region test teams to ensure their readiness for the new products and in resolving any Test Engineering related issues through the life of the product You will prepare and present concise Test Engineering program status updates to the Exec team on a weekly basis Work closely with your peers in the other product areas to ensure we have the most efficient test processes across all products / sites You will participate in detailed product failure analysis and drive any test issue resolutions Make recommendations for design & test coverage improvements Aim to closure potential test gaps and correlations issues between our Vendors and manufacturing processes
Education & Experience
BS in ME, CE, CS or EE. MS preferred.