Senior Software QA Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
- 5+ years of experience in software testing, including minimum of 3 years of Windows and Android software/applications testing
- Strong experience in software testing methodologies (white/gray/black-box), test plan development, and test execution involving multiple types of testing such as Functional, System, Integration, Regression, and Performance
- Experience in automating API’s is a plus
- Experience writing and executing unit tests using Visual Studio 2013+
- Experience with tools/applications for supporting automated functional testing
- Comfortable with command-line interfaces, some exposure to shell scripts and UNIX.
We are looking for a Software QA Engineer to join our AMP DRM QA Team. Part of our team’s responsibility is the media services’ applications on both macOS and Windows which are integral parts of Apple media ecosystem. As a gray box tester you will be responsible for Automating and Manually testing the client flows and related tools/services with a focus on quality and making sure our customers have the best user experience with our products. In addition, you will be interacting with internal and external teams to collaborate on release testing efforts. With customers on both platforms, we are a fast-growing place for music, movies, TV shows, books and, apps. Responsible for Testing and Automating Apple applications on Windows and Android. Experience with testing PC/Desktop applications should also be a core area of experience as well as the ability to access and interpret system and application level logs. This position requires a strong individual contributor that can work on projects independently and collaborate with cross functional teams in addition to working with engineering teams to debug and reproduce issues. Candidate must be dynamic and prepared to test and regress a high volume of changes on a day-to-day basis. Strong bug reporting skills and ability to communicate clearly with developers are a must. In this role, you will be responsible for planning, designing, maintaining and executing test cases with minimal direction. Take ownership of a components assigned and make sure it’s delivered with high quality. Work closely with various product owners. Strong attention to details. Good time-management skills.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or similar work experience