Apple Books Operations Manager
New York City, New York, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple Media Products (AMP) includes all of the teams who work on Apple Music, Apple Books, Apple Podcasts, and more. As a member of this extended team, you will be responsible for working cross-functionally with our Engineering, Editorial, Design, and Business teams to ensure a first-class experience for our Apple Books customers and partners. We're looking for a strong Operations Manager to drive cross-functional alignment, find opportunities for improving tools, educate our partners, and conduct industry outreach and research to develop innovation.
- Strong attention to detail, and organizational skills.
- Works well under tight deadlines.
- Experience working digital content and/or platforms to resolve content delivery and transactional issues.
- Familiarity with Book or Audiobook creation, distribution and content management.
- Clear communicator - Written and verbal.
- Excellent presentation skills.
- Experience analyzing datasets to improve internal and 3rd party processes.
- Comfortable with change and able to navigate ambiguity.
- Knowledge of digital book industry/book experience is a plus.
Strategize with business, product, and engineering teams to identify opportunities and develop action plans for making Apple Books the best way to find and read or listen to books. You will have the opportunity to significantly impact the publishing industry, guiding traditional publishers across the digital divide, and helping new entrants grow into strong industry players. The right candidate enjoys teaching others how to overcome technical challenges, has excellent problem-solving skills, and can communicate effectively at all levels. Work collaboratively and strategically with the business team to support the business goals and drive overall efficiency. Collaborate with multiple internal teams to drive improvement to Apple’s support organization for the Apple Books product. Work collaboratively with technical teams identify issues and help bring efficiency to their processes. Work with internal teams to provide measurement and feedback for providers and Apple Management. Contribute to functional specifications and tool improvements to improve content workflows.
Education & Experience
10+ years related experience.