Apple Retail Online - Online Analytics Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — we build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of our people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple and help us leave the world better than we found it. As the manager of a team of online analytics specialists, you’re deeply committed to the two-sided challenge of leading all aspects of the extraction of insight from the inconsistent and intangible world of internet data and delivering insight to the business leaders looking for every opportunity to bring to bear just a little more performance out of every click. Being aware of how frustratingly valuable web data can be and you are able to build the skills to collect and interpret that data. You understand business strategies that are fueled by the output of this process. Most of all, you know how to package and deliver the insights your team uncovers to a wide audience ranging from project managers to the CEO. What better way to use the value of your skills and experience into a more valuable career opportunity than as the Manager - Online Analytics for the Apple Retail Online Store! We are a leading eCommerce business platform like no other, representing the most admired brand in over 40 countries worldwide. With multi-platform web implementations and an outstanding shopping app, Apple Retail Online is a powerful presence, providing a superb opportunity for an imaginative and motivated analytics leader to light the way for the business team while enjoying a scale and scope of personal growth available only at Apple. The position will be located in Cupertino and work with the Sr. Mgr - Web Analytics.
- 5-10 years retail online analytics and reporting experience with Adobe/Omniture data capture system.
- 3+ years of People Management experience in an online business that is built on consumer retail products.
- Strong in web analytics technology applications.
- Experience as a team manager with detailed success at skill development and intellectual leadership.
- Substantial experience in visualizing and planning strategic improvements to data resources, tools, processes and methods.
- Experience defining, leading and completing sophisticated inter-departmental projects.
- Demonstrated ability to extract, conceptualize and communicate the significant patterns of visitor behavior from web data that identifies meaningful business opportunities.
- Sophisticated understanding of data visualization techniques.
- Demonstrable ability to work optimally with both business and technical partners.
- Experienced and comfortable presenting findings verbally to management at any level.
- Expert knowledge of web tools and resources, self-serve and data sciences technologies: SQL, Python, R, Adobe Workspace, Adobe Workbench, Tableau, Excel, Keynote.
- In-depth knowledge of shell-scripting technologies such as Python, PHP, Bash, VBA, etc. and experience working with large data resources in Teradata.
- Experience with data mining and modeling tools in SAS, R etc.
- Application scripting experience including integrating API interfaces.
- Experience working in non-relational big-data environments.
- Develop and maintain working relationships with a core group of business partners needing clear understanding of the web site functionality, business performance and visitor experience. - Provide intellectual and interpretive leadership on the meaning of data generated as delivered through a number of electronic channels. - Work closely with the web data infrastructure teams on the definition and implementation of new information to insure comprehensive coverage and descriptive precision. - Develop the data understanding and analytics skills needed in your team to produce the insights to drive a multi-billion $ international business. - Help drive the larger plan of resources and investment toward broader understanding and distribution of the insights generated by your team. - Insure the consistency and availability of web analytics across all countries in which the Apple Online Store does business.
Education & Experience
- BS in mathematics, statistics, econometrics, computer science or other quantitative field. - Preferred MS in statistical methods, machine learning, computer science or econometrics