System and Silicon Validation Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is at the forefront of wireless power technology which improves everyday life for its users. In this position, you will be developing and implementing innovative test methodologies for the wireless power ASICs in the iPhone and other Apple products used by millions of people. You will be responsible for planning and execution of bench testing and will interpret and regularly present the findings to cross-functional teams.
- The ideal candidate has work experience in power management system, semiconductor companies.
- ➢ BSEE in power electronics with 6+ years experience or MSEE with 3+ years experience
- ➢ Strong background in design and testing of power converters
- ➢ Experience with bench equipment such as power supply, oscilloscope, signal generator, electronic load, spectrum analyzer, etc.
- ➢ Experience using GPIB, USB, I2C, SPI, MIPI, SPMI, UART interfaces, etc. is strongly preferred
- ➢ Experience using Python for test automation is strongly preferred.
- ➢ Ability to write and debug FW code is strongly preferred
- ➢ Working knowledge with finite state machine (FSM), digital design and verification is a plus
- ➢ Ability to complete projects independently with minimal supervision.
- ➢ Strong analytical/problem solving skills and ability to guide critical decisions
- ➢ Must be highly motivated, self-starter with innovation, integrity and attention to details.
- ➢ Simulation using Pspice, Simplis, Simetrix is a plus.
As a System and Silicon Validation Engineer, you will: 1. Test and characterize Apple’s custom power ASICs 2. Test and characterize off-the-shelf (OTS) power Silicons 3. Test and characterize new power system eco-systems 4. Build automation into the test setups 5. Develop test plans and publish test reports 6. Design schematics and work with layout engineers to build evaluation PCBs. 7. Interpret test results of mixed-signal HW with focus on power electronics 8. Work with design engineers and architects on proof-of-concepts and on debugging silicon related issues 9. Perform rigorous design reviews with silicon vendors. Drive vendors to achieve the highest possible quality for our ASICs. 10. Work with hardware design and silicon teams to identify characterization needs. 11. Develop experimental methodologies and data visualization tools. 12. Review and validate paper designs prior to prototyping 13. Evaluate and debug design prototypes on the bench and generate detailed engineering reports of findings and recommendations 14. Failure analysis that can identify root cause of power electronics circuits failure
Education & Experience
BSEE with 6+ years in power Electronics or MSEE with 3+ years in power electronics