Manufacturing Design Engineer (MDE) - Home
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. In this highly visible role, our Manufacturing Design Engineers (MDE) are responsible for the development and implementation of high precision mechanical fabrication processes in a high volume environment.
- Mechanical background, preferably with experience in a high volume manufacturing environment.
- Knowledge base of a range of manufacturing techniques, and experience with troubleshooting of some processes.
- Experience with data analysis through JMP or Minitab to understand outcomes of experiments is desired.
- Experience with driving a tight schedule, and helping to define micro schedules is helpful.
A mechanical and/or manufacturing engineer to take products from concept/brainstorm to mass production, as-well-as being able to audit existing processes to find opportunities. Daily activities can range from program management, to brainstorming solutions, to advanced data analysis. The role requires passion to drive ambiguous problems to quantifiable solutions. The ideal candidate will have an understanding of processes including (but not limited to) machining, welding, stamping, forging, plating, and other forming/finishing methods. We are looking for people with a strong desire to learn, and people who can drive open issues to solution. Previous experience with multi-factor DOE, statistical comparisons, JMP, SOP creation/validation and process knowledge/design/troubleshooting is strongly beneficial, but not required. To date, all team travel is less than 90 days a year, and fluctuates dependent upon demand/desire.
Education & Experience
MSME/BSME, or equivalent
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.