Installation & Recovery Validation Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
You will join a dynamic team responsible for qualifying the latest Apple Products with a focus on system installation and recovery. We work hand in hand with Development Engineering teams to support code changes, focusing on increasing the depth and breadth of related tests in both an automated and hands on manner. The successful candidate will help with both documented and ad hoc testing to ensure high quality releases for all our products. They will also be responsible for adding to automation and test documentation as new features are implemented.
- Deep understanding of SQA methodologies and practices
- Operational scheduling and oversight
- Experience testing and shipping iOS and macOS products
- Understanding and implementation of automation
- Shell scripting
- Detail oriented
- Excellent communication skills, both oral and written
Responsibilities will include working cross functionally to drive and facilitate decisions of quality and ok to ship. The role also includes some hands-on triaging of failures and overseeing white box testing. Other targeted areas will be making decisions on how to improve test metrics, establish baseline testing, and provide sign off. Additionally you will oversee test engineers contributions to test plans, test tool development, debugging of scripts, and improvement of infrastructure for test rack operation and optimization. The role will require working collaboratively with software, hardware, and firmware development and test teams to gain an understanding of our projects and their requirements is expected.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or related field
- Preferred experiences:
- Experience setting up and testing Network Shares.
- Understanding of scripting language such as Python, Bash
- Familiarity with Source Control Management with Git
- Experience supporting Engineering teams with triage, debugging and validation of software issues