Signal Integrity & Power Integrity Design Engineer - SPG
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In this highly visible role, you will work with the Special Projects Group hardware organization to design modules/systems on new complex technology development platform. You will be part of a centralized SIPI/EMC organization responsible for ensuring designs of each subsystem meet the necessary high-speed requirements. Responsibilities are not just limited to narrowed focus on signing off on designs, but will be to ensure that you take modules and systems from architecture to validation. In this team, you will get opportunities to improve your skills, creating new innovative technologies and learn about new interfaces. You will be working with world-class team in doing what Apple does best: Innovate!
- Track record in being responsible for taking module designs from architecture to validation from an SIPI perspective.
- Deep understanding of transmission line theory, S-parameters and how that relates to practical implementations.
- Extensive experience in modeling connectors/non-TEM structures/cables etc using full wave tools and creating equivalent circuit models.
- Experience with full wave tools such as HFSS, CST, ADS Momentum
- Extensive knowledge on time and frequency domain measurement and calibration techniques. Micro-probing experience required.
- Deep understand of electromagnetics, transmission line theory and serial/parallel interfaces.
- Familiarity with different types of serial interfaces and compliance measurement characterization & debug.
- Deep understanding of power integrity fundamentals and signed off on board designs with streamlined workflow.
- Good understanding of stackup manufacturing process and design limitations considering DFM.
- Strong communication and personal skills.
You will work with cross-functional team on challenging high speed designs, solve problems and identify cost effective solutions that does not sacrifice performance and meet specifications. - Perform system-level/board level channel simulations, implement, validate and correlate to simulations. - Design stackup considering trade offs for manufacturing, performance and cost. - Setup/Perform time/frequency domain measurements on passive interfaces and interface compliance measurements. Document results. - Extract interconnect models based on simulation and measurements. - Create equivalent circuit models of passive components. - Perform time/frequency domain power integrity simulations and validate using measurements. - Work with cross-functional team to go through PCB Design process and Signoff on SIPI on all hardware designs.
Education & Experience
- PhD/MS degree in electrical engineering plus 5 years of relevant industry experience
- EEO STATEMENT:
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.