AI/ML - Data Quality Engineer, Data Grading Platform
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Would you like to play a key part in driving the quality of groundbreaking technology for large scale systems, natural language, big data, and artificial intelligence? Drive the quality of the Siri user experience and work with the people who built the intelligent voice assistant that helps millions of people get things done. Join the Siri team at Apple! The Data Quality Engineer will define a testing strategy and ensure the quality of data systems with the overarching goal of improving Siri quality while maintaining the highest degree of security and privacy.
- 5+ years of experience as a Software Development Engineer or SDET
- Proven track record of delivering a successful test strategy for big data systems, including data processing pipeline, large-scale and high-throughput backend services, and user-facing applications
- Passion for customer privacy
- Expertise in Python, Java, SQL
- Experience with web automation test frameworks such as Appium, WebDriver, or Selenium is a plus
- Thrives at taking high-level/ambiguous objectives and develop into concrete projects requirements for delivery
- Understanding of distributed data processing frameworks like Hadoop, Spark, Hive
- Understanding of data lake, data warehouse, HDFS and related big data storage and modeling concepts
- Experience working with Jupyter, IPython notebooks or similar environment to perform data analysis is a plus
- Experience with client-server test automation and load testing frameworks
- Familiarity with basic analysis packages including pandas, numpy, matplotib, or similar toolchain is a plus
- Familiarity working with continuous integration and fully automated Dev and Test environments
- A self-motivated, highly adaptable learner that enjoys mastering complex systems
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Highly desired: Experience testing data annotation or data grading platforms and tools
We are searching for a Data Quality Engineer to partner with the Siri Data team to improve Siri by using data as the voice of our customers. You will define a testing strategy to develop and improve automated test coverage of Siri data products. As the Siri data infrastructure evolves, the testing processes should also adapt. This is a fast-paced role with high impact and ensures we build the most advanced systems in the industry.
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science, or equivalent work experience.