Field Quality & Sustaining Engineering Leader - EE
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Apple is seeking a Field Quality and Sustaining Engineering Leader with excellent Technical Quality Management, hands-on engineering debug, data analytics, program management and 8D based Root Cause Corrective Action (RCCA) skills to partner closely with the Product Engineering, System Engineering, Operations and AppleCare teams to ensure our customers have the best Customer Experience and field learning is fed back to improve next generation designs. In addition, looking for a person who is highly organized, result oriented and experienced in managing and meeting deliverable timeline.
- Superb knowledge in Quality management systems with extensive experience in data analytics and transforming data into technical meaningful and accountable metrics. Tableau and Jmp skills a plus
- Electrical Engineering skills including familiarity with circuit and system design, and manufacturing processes and test.
- Experience with quality metrics and SPC a plus.
- Excellent skills in debugging sophisticated systems, circuits, and their components
- Familiar with design and schematic tools.
- Extensive experience in managing technical failure analysis to full 8D based RCCA.
- Plus proven 8D and RCCA based problem solving and transformation.
- Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve system quality.
- Electronics design, engineering, manufacturing, test, and components fundamentals
- In-depth knowledge of quality and reliability engineering for managing mass production quality control
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Precise technical communication including deep level of engineering analysis and details.
- Demonstrated initiative with a high level of energy and methodical & efficient problem solving skills
- Ability to develop and present progress and conclusions based on analysis to senior executives
In this role, you will be technically responsible for owning and driving key quality metrics for products from pre-launch to sustain, as well as, sharing findings to enable improvements in future designs. Manage day to day tasks and deliverable while managing multiple projects with cross functional team. Communicating on weekly cadence the metrics / KPI to all respective stakeholders. Responsibilities will include: • Enable new product introductions with the highest technical quality • Lead quality improvement teams to improve field performance • Hands on debugging and analysis of returned boards to help understand underlying root cause and drive DPPM improvement • Systemic metric improvements and reporting • 8D based improvements based on lessons learned • Drive technical root cause analysis and corrective actions to improve quality • Driving further debug & failure analysis with on-site dedicated engineers, Product Design, Component Engineering, Test, and Supplier Quality • Monitor and drive Customer Experience metrics in the field • Manage quality escalations • Drive ongoing product improvements with Manufacturing, AppleCare and Engineering teams • Attend and present at weekly Quality Improvement Forums • Provide regular executive level communication of owned product quality • Industry leadership (such as ASQ) and consumer electronics experience is preferred • Ability to travel internationally 20%
Education & Experience
BS/MS EE (or equivalent) with 8+ years experience in quality and manufacturing/development of high quality electronic products
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.
- Apple is a drug-free workplace.