Sr. Analyst - Wallet, Payments and Commerce Strategy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Help Apple Wallet Payments and Commerce continue to deliver amazing commerce and payment experiences for Apple customers around the world. Apple is one of the world’s largest commerce platforms and payment merchants, and Apple Pay is a leading digital wallet for iOS customers in over 51 markets and growing rapidly. Key responsibilities for this role include analysis, strategy development and coordination of new and existing growth initiatives. The role includes market analysis and partnership assessments. The Sr. Analyst will engage and partner with existing leaders across Apple WPC, Apple Media Products, and Apple more broadly. The primary focus of the role is to provide strategic analysis and insights for the Apple Payments and Commerce platform, including product strategy, business performance and growth initiatives. The person in this role will perform data and market analysis to assist in developing new product areas, market entry strategies, and cross-Apple programs. This will include evaluating new, long-term opportunities for Apple, current business performance, platform capabilities and other opportunities to ensure Apple maintains leading payment and commerce services. This meaningful role includes frequent interaction with key internal and external partners. Internally, this role will work directly with leaders and teams across Apple Pay, App Store, and other teams throughout Apple, including business management, business development, operations, engineering, developer and other partner relations, and other teams.
- Minimum experience of 5 years in digital payments, e-commerce, mobile commerce, or related fields, including experience in management consulting, investment banking and/or similar strategy functions in a global organization.
- Deep experience in payments and commerce - capabilities, requirements and business models - with a knowledge of international market dynamics.
- Outstanding analytical and financial modeling skills; ability to structure, direct, and optimally communicate sophisticated data analysis.
- Ability to coordinate and lead cross-functional teams.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both written and verbally, with senior executives, including via formal presentations
Evaluating and prioritizing new growth opportunities for Apple WPC around the world through research, analysis, and financial modeling Crafting business plans and models for new areas of opportunity Assessing business performance and prioritizing improvements to current Apple WPC product roadmaps (e.g., payments, e-commerce, gift cards, analytics). Engaging key partners - networks, issuers, processors, merchants - on major strategic efforts for Apple WPC. Driving competitive market intelligence and industry trends relevant for digital payments. Working in close collaboration with the business leads and engage with potential strategic partners to evaluate new opportunities. Seeing opportunities, competitive and industry trends, and potential improvements for our payments and commerce platform. Supporting operational planning, prioritization, and resource allocation across the Apple WPC organization.
Education & Experience
Bachelor Degree from a top-tier institution; MBA or equivalent graduate degree highly desirable.