Modeling Framework Architect, Touch System Architect Team
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Sensor Technology team develops Sensor solutions and technologies for Apple’s products, including the iPhone, iPad, Apple Watch, MacBooks, and more. The key goal of the Sensor Technology team is to enable the world’s best user-experience. New challenges arise everyday that require the sharp problem-solving skills of talented and smart individuals. The team features a collaborative and hands-on environment that fosters engineering excellence, creativity, and innovation.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience and proven track record in sensing system hardware engineering.
- Experience in framework and complex system model architecture along with associated workflow and toolkits.
- Experience in design analysis, characterization, and validation of sensing systems.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing non-regression test and unitary test for software validation and debugging.
- Demonstrated experience in building modular and scalable software frameworks.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in best-practice software development methodologies and processes.
- Demonstrated working proficiency in algorithms development / signal processing as applied to sensor systems.
- Proficiency in clean and efficient software code writing.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and solid teamwork and leadership skills.
You will be developing comprehensive simulation frameworks and complex models of Touch sensing systems as part of the team’s effort to develop novel technologies and ensure high performance. You will be expected to drive definition of the simulation frameworks and block-level interfaces, as well as work cross-functionally to integrate and/or co-develop sensor system models at the physics, circuits, and algorithms levels. You are also expected to enable widespread deployment of the simulation frameworks, as well as maintain and refine the frameworks. You will be expected to use those frameworks and models to explore the design space, analyze and document potential design tradeoffs, develop draft touch sensor architectural specifications, and propose advanced algorithms; you will also be collecting and analyzing engineering and production data sets in order to prove and build confidence in the models. • Experience with high volume mass production is a plus. • Business travel to support product development may be required.
Education & Experience
M.S. or PhD in Electrical Engineering, Physics plus 3 years of relevant industry experience.