Executive Administrative Assistant - Hardware Engineering
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Do you love helping people and being a trusted resource to others? Do you care deeply about empowering employees to do their best work? We are looking for an innovative, highly motivated, and professional administrative assistant. The ideal candidate works efficiently in a fast-paced and dynamic engineering environment both individually and with others, is exceptionally well-organized, and can anticipate where and when help will be needed. Youʼll take initiative, collaborate, and prioritize tasks and projects. Interpersonal skills are essential so as to interact with a variety of people across multiple job functions and levels. You can confidently make decisions that best reflect the team’s, and the company’s, goals. Strong research skills, flexibility, project coordination, event planning and execution, and calendar management are required. You will actively work behind the scenes to make magic happen, and you will have a direct impact on what Apple stands for and the products we design for the world to use.
- 3-5 years administrative experience
- Highly motivated, team player
- Excels in a fast-paced environment
- Experience in heavy calendar management managing daily schedules, processes, tasks, and day-to day-operations
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
- Excellent organization skills, acute attention to detail, ability to handle multiple tasks in a time-sensitive environment
- Proven track record of meeting deadlines and taking initiative to make confident and well-informed decisions
- Utilizes tact, diplomacy, discretion and good judgement at all times, especially when exposed to sensitive or confidential material
- Strong interpersonal skills with the talent to establish and maintain successful relationships in a team environment and cross-functionally
- Have a positive “can-do” attitude and always remain approachable
- Works calmly under pressure while displaying a sense of humor
- Extraordinary reliability and work ethic, individually and in a team setting
- Demonstrates an ability to anticipate needs and changes, then react with the best interest of the business in mind
- Ability to positively influence others, handle conflict appropriately, know when to delegate issues upward
- Event planning and management with executing small and/or large events is a plus
You will manage the calendar for the Director of iPad Product Design Engineering, demonstrating flexibility, quick thinking, and problem-solving abilities to adjust and prioritize schedules. In addition to managing the Senior Director’s calendar, you will arrange all of his travel, process expense reports, plan events, and any other tasks for which he needs assistance. You will manage the office space by working closely with Facilities, keeping supplies stocked, managing secure access requests, managing conference room calendars and meeting conflicts, working with Security when their support is needed to protect the confidentiality of the lockdown space, and communicating with the residents about all office related activity. You will also support the product design team and all of their purchasing needs, new hire onboarding support, planning team off-sites, catering (when needed), and asset inventory. You will be required to handle and maintain highly sensitive and confidential information, work on projects simultaneously, and collaborate closely with the rest of the Hardware Engineering Admin Team.
Education & Experience
AA/AS degree is required, BA/BS degree is preferred.