Production Designer, Apple Pay
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Production Designer is an authority in Sketch and Adobe CS and fully versed in a range of other design tools. Experience relating to other visual arts such as texture work, photography, 3D work, painting and graphic arts is also useful. The Production Designer is a key player in determining the future design direction of Apple’s Media Products. In this role, you will provide production mechanical building expertise combined with an extraordinary sense of design acumen to maintain the high-level design and quality standards that are the hallmark of Apple.
- You strive in a dynamic work environment.
- You are a dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
- You have strong communication skills and are able to explain ideas and direction to others clearly, diplomatically, and concisely.
- You react quickly to new information, opinions, and direction, and you can strategically pivot when necessary.
- You dream of working in a dynamic and creative environment.
- You are an extraordinarily resourceful, a multitasker who builds links by being creative and innovative.
- You are flexible, dedicated, highly organized, and excellent at multitasking.
The Production Designer should be able to command image based and typographical layouts and is advanced in knowledge of Apple products, specifically OS X and iOS. The designer would prepare assets to strict standards for use in a variety of media: engineering implementation, web use or Keynote presentations, in addition to helping extend existing design languages or develop new metaphors. Additionally, the designer would spec layouts with pixel level detail. This role works with many other visual designers in a reciprocal environment. An organized individual, with nicely structured files, is essential to the workflow. The position requires deliverables to be provided under tight deadlines — strong communication skills are a requirement, as well as an ability to adapt in a dynamic work environment, problem solving, attention to detail, the ability to mediate and cope with rapid change. Above all, the role requires a dedicated individual who understands Apple's high standards and design aesthetic to the core.
Education & Experience
Degree in human interaction sociology, psychology, interaction design, visual design, or equivalent.