Firmware Integrator - AirPods
San Diego, California, United States
The Audio Products Firmware team is looking for an energetic engineer to join our team. In this role, you will lead our source control management system and firmware releases across multiple platforms. You will have the opportunity to have a major impact on the quality of firmware and software for Apple's consumer audio products.
- Proficient with Git as well as scripting languages (Python 2/3, Bash)
- Always iterating and seeking new ways to automate repetitive tasks
- Familiarity with automated build, continuous integration, and test automation systems. Experience with Jenkins or similar tools.
- Have a deep understanding of branching and software configuration management
- Experience in building C/C++-based projects.
- Experience with LLVM and/or Xcode and/or gnu make is a plus
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills are needed to facilitate close interaction with development teams, management, project management, and other organizations within Apple
- Highly organized, creative, motivated, and passionate about achieving results
As Integration Engineer, you’ll lead all aspects of the integration process of the Apple Audio products components for all the upcoming releases. You will be responsible for coordinating a large number of software changes daily to support new features and products. You will work hands-on with various tools to facilitate integration of code changes into the software builds. The ideal candidate is a self-starter with excellent communication skills and attention to detail. You must be a great teammate, but also be able to work effectively on your own. We are seeking someone who is passionate about our products and is interested in improving the quality for our customers. - Design and maintain end-to-end build and integration process for the team - Develop and enhance automation of source code integration processes - Collaborate with the software engineering and build automation teams to support new product and feature development - Manage the integration of the team’s work into the software releases of Apple’s audio products - Help with the development and integration of tests into automated test systems - Maintain and advertise best practices for build performance and releases across the team
Education & Experience
BS or M.S. in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or equivalent experience.