Engineering Project Manager, Apple Pay Card and Cash
New York City, New York, United States
Software and Services
The Apple Card and Cash Engineering team is looking for an experienced project manager to drive Apple Pay projects. We work closely with client engineering, product, third party partners and other cross functional teams to deliver Cash and Card features and enhancements. In a fast paced matrix organization you will need to oversee and manage projects across multiple teams, handle documentation, effectively communicate project status, manage project risk, and drive continuous improvement. Ideal candidates must be comfortable interfacing with external partners, engineering teams and executives. The payment arena and digitization of wallet content is an exciting space, this is an extraordinary opportunity to work in the team that powers Apple Pay!
- Goal oriented, highly motivated and able to work under minimal supervision in a cross-functional environment at detailed levels whilst taking account of interdependencies at higher levels.
- Strong background in system implementation project management using proven software development techniques.
- Effective presentation, oral, and written business communication skills with various audiences and levels.
- Ability to quickly respond to changes in business scenarios, projects and resources - adapting accordingly and positively.
- Data analysis experience.
- Experience in the wireless industry or knowledge of cellular technologies or mobile payment solutions will be a strong benefit.
- Management experience not required but a plus.
Manage highly cross-functional engineering projects for Apple Pay, overseeing both technical and non technical deliverables and milestones. Work with internal and 3rd party engineering teams as well as product teams to drive the successful launch of new Apple Pay software solutions. Oversee translation of business requirements into technical specs, development, integration, performance and production readiness timelines, milestones, risks. Direct communication and presentation (in written form and orally) to all levels of the organization. Resolve problems, negotiating, and making difficult decisions regarding new technology product features. Comfortable working with remote teams located in different time zones.