Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly! Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Join Apple as a technical writer to create documentation and copy for innovative applications and custom solutions that serve all Apple Employees. We share a belief in clear and effective communication. We’re searching for an experienced technical writer to join our team and help take our [customer/client]-focused services to new heights. As an ideal candidate, you have proven experience in a highly technical field, such as software development, computer science, or engineering. Your ability to evaluate and analyze complex information is second to none, and you have a natural desire to help people understand things that are hard to understand. If this sounds like something you would be excited about, we'd love to hear from you.
- Research, outline, write, and edit new and existing content, working closely with various departments to understand project requirements
- Independently gather information from domain experts to develop, organize, and write procedure manuals, technical specifications, and process documentation
- Work with development and support leads to identify all documentation repositories, revise and edit, and determine the best solution for data compilation and centralized storage
- Research, create, and maintain information architecture templates that uphold organizational and legal standards, and allow for easy data migration
- Develop content in alternative media forms for maximum usability, with a consistent and cohesive voice across all documentation
Develop comprehensive documentation that meets organizational standards. Obtain a deep understanding of products and services to translate complex product information into simple, polished, and engaging content. Write user-friendly content that meets the needs of the target audience, turning insights language that sets our users up for success. Evaluate current content and develop innovative approaches for improvement.
Education & Experience
BS/BA degree in Design, Computer Science, or a related field, or equivalent experience.