Store Credits & Gift Cards Engineering Program Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Program Managers on the Commerce team are responsible for shipping new features related to Payments Integration, Store Credits & Gift Cards space. We are looking for people with proven track records of shipping complex, customer-facing products under demanding timelines. This is a hands-on position where the Program Manager will be involved in requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, proof-of-concept, working with partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for successful outcomes and delivery. You have strong fundamentals but much more to bring to our team. You take responsibility; you feel a personal stake in the product you ship; you communicate responsibilities and scope clearly; you value integrity; you handle conflict; you know how things work; you work for the success of the entire PM team; you thrive in uncertainty and strive to bring order to it; you have deep wisdom and judgement; you keep your eye on the ball; you build positive relationships; you are aware of politics but do not get mired in them; you are constantly looking to improve yourself and your team; you're prescient; and you ship code which millions of customers will use.
- At least 8 years of program or technical product management in software development
- A clear track record of making a difference in the projects you drive
- Naturally accountable and responsible
- Self-starting, self-motivated, disciplined, and self-sufficient
- Be able to get traction to programs under ambiguity.
- Extraordinary communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings)
- Strong technical proficiency and platform experience. Past programming experience is a plus
- Bonus points for project management experience in Payments Integration, Store Credits & Gift Cards space.
- Experience in data analytics and exposure to large data sets and knowledge of relational database systems (Oracle preferred) and NoSQL data stores
- Familiarity with data privacy and data protection regulations and standards
- Deliver projects for global data privacy regulations covering several areas including data access/consent and data retention
- Drive and ship large, cross-functional projects and feature areas - Lead all aspects of multiple concurrent features including scope, requirements, timelines, and resource allocation - Parter with Business & Product teams to define functional, and reporting requirements (often writing them yourself) - Work closely with Engineering & QA teams and drive the resolution of all impediments in project delivery. - Take a role in improving how features are built and executed on the iTunes Store team - Own overall cross-functional schedules, including iTunes Store development, other Apple groups (client teams, device teams, other business teams), and backend reporting systems - Collaborate with IS&T, Legal, Finance, operations and other organizations both inside and outside of Apple to develop solutions for partnerships, promotions and other new business
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent; CS degree preferred. Business-savvy; MBA a plus