Program Manager, Maps Delivery
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Apple Maps is the most popular mapping application shipped with every iPhone, iPad, and Apple Watch. We offer an incredible, connected experience across the Apple ecosystem – iOS, macOS, iPadOS, watchOS, tvOS, CarPlay – and are delivering the future of maps to hundreds of millions of customers across the globe. We are passionate about creating excellent user experiences. And we build a product that makes an impact around the world. We’re looking for an extraordinary Program Manager to join our Maps Delivery Program team. The Maps Delivery EPM will be responsible for orchestrating & managing Maps Big Data Platforms and Initiatives across Maps engineering teams. This will also include effectively collaborating across Apple for automation and infrastructure projects. This includes platforms such as Hadoop and SOLR. This is a great opportunity for someone who is excited about Maps technology and wants to make an impact. Imagine what you could do here!
- 5+ years of project/program/product management experience in software products or Engineering lead/Architect.
- Self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical
- thinking capabilities.
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes with
- considerable technologies related to Hadoop and infrastructure.
- Strong technical proficiency. Preferably past programming experience.
- Clear track record of project delivery: high quality, and on time.
- Ability to work in a highly matrixed cross-functional capacity.
- Experience managing multiple complex projects simultaneously.
- Experience working in a dynamic, execution-driven environment.
- Naturally curious; fast learner.
- Extraordinary leadership, communication, and organizational skills.
- Mapping or GIS background a serious plus.
- Management experience a plus
The Delivery team helps build world class infrastructure and a foundation for a great customer experience. We are also responsible for releasing our products to the global market. And we get to work with remarkably talented people across Apple, all over the world. This is a technical hands-on, cross-functional, highly-engaged job. For this role, we’re looking for an experienced Program Manager: You will be someone who is an old hand at “the EPM thing.” You will handle our trickiest, hardest infrastructure/Delivery projects at a massive scale. You will drive the Maps evaluation and delivery process and coordinate the milestones and schedules for the releases of various Maps products, services and data. You will wrangle huge amounts of detail and ensure that the right decisions are being made by the right people, all the time. You will keep your eyes on the vision and your hands in the technical details. You will be engaged with all aspects of the project process, from release scoping through development, evaluation, deployment and aftercare. You will work with our software engineering, evaluation, and dev ops teams to define, schedule, track, and communicate status to all levels of the organization. You’ll plan, prioritize, coordinate, drive, and ship. The successful candidate thrives in a fast paced environment, can adapt quickly, and has outstanding communication and interpersonal skills to work cross functionally with other teams.
Education & Experience
BS/MS CS/CE/EE or equivalent experience