Project Manager - Innovation : Retail RE&D
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. We believe the people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. We belive it’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it.
- 8-10+ years of project management within the architectural, construction, or product development industries.
- Knowledge of the requirements to develop complex systems and technologies, and their integration
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required to work effectively with a wide range of
- design, construction, and technology specialists
- Proven strong leadership skills and ability to develop meaningful internal and external partnerships
- Excellent organization skills, problem solving skills
- Experience meeting tight deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Must be a quick learner and self starter who is comfortable working independently
- Understanding of Mac OS and Mac software such as Keynote, Numbers and Pages
- Excel proficiency is a plus
- Familiarity with common industry scheduling software, budgeting software
Manage the development of construction-ready, integrated custom building systems for Apple’s Retail Real Estate and Development group worldwide. Work with all of Apple Retail to provide maintainable solutions that meet operational and aesthetic needs. Provide strategic direction formulating and executing comprehensive initiative programs that are in support of Apple retail store projects. Primary responsibilities: Project Manage improvement of existing and development of new custom, integrated systems for Apple’s Retail program including lighting, merchandise display systems, and architectural systems (such as framing and cladding). Develop detailed briefs in response to initiative requests, requiring cross functional collaboration within the Real Estate and Development department as well as the greater Apple Retail team to fully outline the scope and impact. Outline and manage initiative schedule from brief development through handover and implementation. Prepare and manage a budget inclusive of consultant costs, vendor costs, mockup costs, etc, to fully develop an initiative. Assess impact to the store project cost model, and specific stores as applicable, for the initiative under development. Coordinate impact throughout the life of the initiative. Assess the overall store cut in strategy, which may include store specific schedule analysis. Coordinate impact throughout the life of the initiative. Present as needed to senior leadership for approval to proceed. Assess, assign and on board external consultant and vendor team. Develop thorough consultant and vendor Scopes of Work. Prepare and manage necessary legal documents in support of consultant and vendor engagements. Guide assigned Innovation Design Manger(s) and internal cross functional partners towards efficient use of initiative budget and schedule. Prepare final initiative handover package, and ensure all related and affected parties are signed off.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree in related field We are looking for a highly motivated and proactive thinker who can think strategically and stay connected to our customers. The ideal candidate will possess a high level of integrity, creativity, initiative, accountability, communication and interpersonal skills, with a commitment to teamwork and excellence.