Senior Data Engineer - Ad Platforms
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, we work every day to create products that enrich people’s lives. Our Advertising Platforms group makes it possible for people around the world to easily access informative and imaginative content on their devices while helping publishers and developers promote and monetize their work. Today, our technology and services power advertising in Search Ads in the App Store and Apple News. Our platforms are highly-performant, deployed at scale, and setting new standards for enabling effective advertising while protecting user privacy. The Ad Platforms Data team is seeking an engineer to join in developing the next generation of data processing and analytical solutions. In this role, you will work as a key member of a data-centric team to drive the strategy, development, execution, and continuous improvement of core data platform, infrastructure and processes. The people at Apple don’t just build products — they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. Imagine what you could do here.
- 8+ years of experience in software development in Java/Linux environment with 5+ years in building data platforms/ data products.
- Experience in building high throughput big data Systems
- Experience in Cloud technologies
- Experience in building complex workflow on Airflow
- Experience using Spark, Kafka, Hadoop, or similar technologies
- Experience in Kubernetes, Docker, Terraform, or similar technologies
- SQL expertise, data modelling, and relational database experience
- Strong software engineering skills (Java/Scala/Python)
- Hive, SparkSQL, Cassandra, Solr, Snowflake or other big data query and
- transformation experience a plus
- Exposure to applied machine learning, Analytics, and business analytics is a plus
- Excellent spoken and written interpersonal skills
- Experience with applying data encryption and data security standards
- Dedication to developing high-quality software and products
- Curiosity to explore and understand data is a plus
As a part of the Data Engineering team, you will be responsible for building large scale data processing systems and end to end analytics solutions to transform rich data at Apple scale, that power data exploration and actionable insights. This role requires an in-depth knowledge of cutting-edge data technologies. Tuning, troubleshooting and scaling these big data technologies are a key part of our work, where having curiosity on the internal workings of these systems is key to being successful. This is a software engineering role, where a large part of your time will be spent writing code with the remainder being spent on designing and architecting systems, tuning and debugging alternative data systems and supporting production systems. You will work closely with your multi-functional peers in Hyderabad and US to produce high quality software products. This role demands agility, strong technical skills along with deep understanding to analyze data.
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science or equivalent degree required, MS in Computer Science strongly preferred