HI Design, Managing Producer - Apps and Services
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Apple is looking for a natural team leader and creative producer to lead a strong team of Human Interface Design Producers, produce key projects, and collaborate with Design Managers to provide overall team leadership. This is a role for a problem solver who thinks strategically, and task manager who wants to have their hands, mind, and heart in several things at once; who can equally build effective teams, develop direct reports, and drive detailed design tasks and deliverables across a variety of products and groups; and who can collaborate well with others. With their design team they are responsible for all aspects of project life cycle: identifying customer needs, defining requirements, clarifying goals, managing project teams, design reviews, and leveraging the knowledge and creativity of cross-functional partners to bring meaningful solutions to market. They are leading vision and purpose, inspiring creativity, and overseeing organizing and planning of team-wide initiatives. The team is deeply involved in scaling existing media services and apps, as well as introducing new ones. They innovate in spaces like news, productivity, and professional video. Its culture is diverse, passionate, grows with debate, and is wholly customer focused. The ideal candidate would want to influence their own development. They are seeking a company where they have the opportunity to pursue their interests across functions and geographies, and where a job title is not considered the final definition of who they are, but the starting point of what they can achieve with the team. The Producer advances design efforts by diving deeply into the issues at hand, identifying and mitigating risks to the project, handling dependencies, representing the customer internally and strategically, and leading all issues impacting deliverables and schedules. The producer is an outstanding facilitator and presenter, with the ability to both wow the room with narrative and engage audiences through debate and workshop techniques; Has worked on a large variety of project types across expansive geographies and market segments; Possesses clear and concise communication, organization skills and ability to work across time zones; Embodies a daring and positive personality and is enthusiastic about the Apple brand and relentless in preserving its authenticity.
- 7+ years as a team lead and producer, or product manager, in software design or an agency.
- Shown ability to meet deadlines and get results while juggling many projects and priorities.
- Keen ability to grasp complexity quickly and to focus on key issues.
- A compelling desire to deliver innovative and exceptional Human Interface design to our customers.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Meticulous attention to detail.
- Ability to adapt to constant change.
- Experienced managing remote work streams and partners across multiple time zones.
- Proven experience with multi-disciplinary teams (Design, Engineering, Business, R&D, and others) to ideate, iterate, launch, and refine and new product designs.
- Lead a growing team of Human Interface Design producers focused on media products and services. - Drive operational strategy and be responsible for the operational roadmap. - Collaborate with peer Managing Producers to create programs to meet needs of the design organization. - Wholly responsible for rollout and initial cycles of newly introduced programs. - Run meetings and design reviews. Gather key ideas, decisions, issues, and action items in meeting notes. - Track and report project health, including communicating status and impending or projected deliverables. - Negotiate priorities for the design team given limited resources and a challenging schedule. - Ensure timely handoff of design specs to engineering. - Review software builds to ensure design integrity has remained intact during implementation. - Constantly improve processes and communications in an ever-changing, fast-paced working environment.
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or equivalent experience.