Music Executive, Apple TV+
Culver City, California, United States
Reporting to the Head of Music, the Music Executive will lead music projects for Apple TV+ across multiple genres such as Film, Unscripted, Scripted and Kids content. We're seeking an experienced collaborative team member with a friendly work style, who's well-organized, able to optimally multi-task & prioritize, take initiative, and is a self starter. This role will play a key role in the development and execution of music within Apple's original content and marketing.
- Minimum 6 years of work experience, preferably as an established Film or television series music supervisor, or in a music department at a major network or studio
- Experienced in music licensing and working with composers in film or TV
- Knowledgable in budgeting music across films, animated or scripted/unscripted content
- Anticipate needs and changes, then react efficiently with independence and sound judgment
- Direct experience dealing with sensitive and confidential information with integrity; discreet and credible
- Inventive self-starter; eager to learn and grow, tackle new challenges, share standard methodologies and bring a can-do attitude to the position
- Establish and maintain effective business partnerships, both externally and cross-functionally
- Calm under pressure
- Experience with spotting sessions or assist within spotting sessions
- Passionate about music, television, movies and knowledgable about Apple's services and products
- Proficient in Mail, Keynote and Excel/Numbers. Cue sheet programs. Music software - Logic, Pro Tools, Ableton a plus.
Handle and maintain highly confidential and sensitive information while diplomatically working with complex and different personalities. Work with and maintain a database of composers, music supervisors, sound designers and tastemakers that Apple and our partners can utilize as needed. Sustain database of global music industry relationships including artists, managers, label executives and producers across a range of musical genres. Consistent interaction with studio executives, creative teams, show runners, musicians/composers & music supervisors. Contribute to creative process by collaborating with creative executives, producers and composers, and music supervisors on project. Resourceful in suggesting quality music and composer ideas; able to communicate ideas and concepts through music. Track licensing agreements, composer and music supervisor deals. Stay on top of new music trends, locally and internationally. Maintain an up-to-date, searchable music library database.
Education & Experience
Bachelors degree preferred.