Legal Counsel - Energy
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we are committed to building groundbreaking products and services with the mission to leave our world better than we found it. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love taking on big challenges without precedent? Do you possess a deep knowledge of the legal field and a passion for innovation? As a part of our Legal team, you’ll help uphold Apple’s high ethical and corporate standards. Working for a company that invents entire categories and industries means you’ll be challenged to creatively apply your deep legal expertise to rare and often unexplored aspects of the law. We run all of our corporate offices, data centers and retail stores around the world on 100% renewable energy. As a part of the Energy Legal team, you will partner with our global energy and sustainability business unit and other cross-functional partners to negotiate agreements, provide legal and commercial advice, and drive regulatory compliance in support of Apple’s renewable energy initiatives.
- At least 4 years of commercial transactional, regulatory compliance or corporate governance practice experience at a premier law firm, plus at least 2 years of similar in-house practice experience
- Substantial experience in drafting and negotiating a wide variety of commercial transactions in support of corporate operations in a publicly traded company setting, with significant experience in driving regulatory compliance activities
- Critical thinking and problem solving skills, and the ability to quickly identify, analyze and propose practical solutions to a wide variety of legal and commercial issues that arise in the context of corporate operations
- Superior negotiation and drafting skills, and ability to understand, distill and articulate complex commercial terms in a clear, concise and accurate manner
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, organization and presentation skills
- Detail-oriented and a self-starter, with the ability to run multiple diverse transactions at a time and take a leadership role in each transaction
- A proven ability to collaborate with and influence key partners throughout an organization to support business objectives in a manner consistent with applicable law and corporate risk tolerance
- Dedication to customer service, with the experience and confidence to engage in respectful debate with internal cross-functional stakeholders
- Prior litigation or energy practice experience is a plus
This role will involve engagement with other legal team members, business leads and cross-functional partners in support of Apple’s renewable energy and sustainability initiatives. We are looking for a highly motivated attorney with an advanced understanding of commercial transactions and corporate governance requirements to support a variety of energy related transactions and compliance activities.
Education & Experience
J.D., excellent academic credentials, and licensed to practice law in the U.S.