Sensing Hardware Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
The Sensor team develops ground breaking sensors that are central to a variety of Apple platforms, including Macs, Accessories and Audio products. You will play a key role in architecting, specifying, developing, characterizing and validating sensor systems used in these platforms. You should be familiar with product integration and manufacturing technologies used to implement sensors in consumer products. The ideal candidate would have experience with technologies such as mutual/self capacitive touch sensors.
- Experience in architecture, design, characterization, and validation of sensing systems that includes theory of operation, signal processing, fabrication, packaging and design trade-offs.
- Fundamental knowledge and experience in physics, mechanical, electrical, and material science engineering, and manufacturing technology relevant for sensor fabrication.
- Proficiency in MATLAB, SPICE, or similar simulation and modeling tools.
- Proficiency in Python or other scripting languages
- Experience with high volume mass production is a plus
You will be encouraged to specify, build and validate capacitive sensors in new product applications. You must work multi-functionally with test, firmware, and system engineering teams as well as product operations teams to deliver: - New sensor design and integration - Schematic design of PCBs and/or flexible assemblies - Failure mode analysis, root cause diagnosis and system-level problem solving - Hands on bench measurements of prototypes - Key performance indicators for sensor/system level test - Documentation of specifications, design, test and FA processes - Business travel to support product development (up to 10% travel required)
Education & Experience
Educational Background (BS/MS/PhD)
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. If you’d like more information about your EEO rights as an applicant, please click here. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants. Apple will consider for employment all qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable law. If you are applying for a position in San Francisco, please click here.