Security Engineer (POS)- Apple
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Point-of-Sale engineering is a key team within Apple. We enable the flawless retail experiences our customers enjoy when visiting our stores, while also empowering our in-store employees to perform a variety of tasks to assist customers, manage inventory, schedule repairs, and complete transactions. The POS Security team is a responsible custodian of our customers’ data, whether PII or PCI. In addition, POS Security provides an internal center-of-competency for our POS Engineering teams, providing security, privacy, and cryptographic expertise.
- A minimum of 5 years experience in server software programming using Java
- Experience with/understanding of OWASP Top 10, security hardening, intrusion detection, and related concepts
- Experience with/understanding of practical cryptography usage with knowledge of benefits and drawbacks
- Familiarity with topics such as: ASN.1, x509, PKI, TLS, symmetric/asymmetric encryption, digital signatures, message digests, etc
- Working knowledge of Static Application Security Testing tools like SonarQube, Bandit, Gosec etc.
- Familiarity with AWS Security tools GuardDuty, Inspector, Config and Security Hub
- Strong computer science fundamentals and thoroughness in Data Structures & Algorithms
- Understanding of Microservices and cloud technologies
- Working knowledge of relational and non-relational databases
- Outstanding analytical and investigative solving skills across large ecosystems
- Demonstrated ability to think criticality and quickly learn new technologies
- Strong communication, collaboration & interpersonal skills
Imagine the freedom of a startup with the funding and laser focus of the most valuable company in the world. As a member for the Point-of-Sale Security team: You will participate in initiatives that are essential to the success of upcoming product launches You will develop the next generation of cloud support that powers Apple Retail systems You will be responsible for crafting and developing large-scale platforms that can support high product demand at Apple scale You will have the opportunity to explore and utilize a wide range of technologies We're looking for a hardworking and passionate person to join this amazing team, if you feel this is you, we'd love to hear from you.
Education & Experience
BS or MS in Computer Science/Engineering OR a related field. At least 5 years of professional software development experience