Data Analytics Site Reliability Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
At Apple, our Data Analytics team focuses on improving the user experience by improving operating system stability, gathering feature usage telemetry, and evaluating device performance. This requires capturing data from customers who have given consent, utilizes strong privacy preserving techniques, and entails aggregating information, all to help inform direction. We develop and operate a variety of Big Data infrastructure products and applications in support of these goals.
- 5+ years of production experience managing and supporting large scale distributed Big Data applications (from development to production)
- Experience with at least one of the following languages and related development tools: (Python, Ruby, Java, Scala)
- Passion for quality and attention to detail
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
We are looking for Site Reliability Engineer to be a member of our team. If working on large scale problems excites you then we’re excited to talk to you! Our team helps Apple engineers answer mission critical questions about their hardware, firmware, and software. We work with engineers across Apple to help keep our suite of analytics applications available and to ensure the integrity of their data. The successful candidate will write code to automate our processes to ensure reliability and manage thousands of servers across large heterogeneous infrastructure. You'll dive into complex data and application issues to drive root cause analysis of large scale problems. You'll partner with your teammates and peers to solve large problems, applying critical thinking skills and understanding of large, complex systems.
Education & Experience
B.S. in Computer Science or equivalent experience
- - Build, monitor, troubleshoot complex data infrastructure at the petabyte scale
- - Support the continuous development and deployment of multi service analytics applications
- - Develop tools and processes to automate the management of our systems and data