Senior Software Engineering Manager (Position based in Singapore)
Bangkok, Bangkok, Thailand
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Asia Pacific IS&T team builds systems for the most dynamic and versatile business team at Apple. We work on many high-impact projects that serve various Apple lines of business. We use the latest technologies and are constantly opening up the boundaries. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist? We are hiring a Senior Software Engineering Manager
- 10+ years management experience in software engineering.
- Strong experience in delivering customer facing and business critical applications that scale and are highly available.
- Experience with building and running micro services in a polyglot environment.
- Experience with technologies like Java, Swift, Spring, Kafka, Elastic & Kubernetes.
- Ability to design large-scale applications with excellent run-time characteristics such as low-latency, fault-tolerance and availability.
- Ability to review designs and code, provide meaningful feedback, and the detail orientation to follow-up on all technical topics.
- Ability to communicate with large multi-functional teams about various engineering topics such as system architecture, detailed design, APIs, project schedules, etc.
- Ability to make right trade-off choices when dealing with functional complexity, conflicting priorities and bold schedules.
- Represent the team and remove hurdles to enable each team member to operate at the highest level of efficiency and productivity.
- Ability to hire, mentor and handle the performance of a distributed team.
- Ability to communicate with senior executives and business stakeholders.
- A learning attitude to continuously improve self, team and the organization.
- Ability to work under pressure and manage difficult situations in a fast paced work environment.
- Loves fast paced environment and learning new technologies.
- Passion for computer science and software engineering design.
- Deeply concerned about excellence and perfection in products and services.
Be ready to make something great when you come here. Dynamic, inspiring people and innovative, industry-defining technologies are the norm at Apple. The people who work here have reinvented and defined entire industries with our products and services. The same passion for innovation also applies to our business practices - strengthening our commitment to leave the world better than we found it. Come be part of Asia Pacific IS&T team if you want to help deliver the next amazing Apple product. - This Engineering Leader will possess great verbal & written communication skills, self-motivated, driven, detail oriented, hands-on, and a strong technology leader. - You will be responsible for architecture, design, development, and deployment of custom Java, software package and cloud-based solutions. - A strong background with development, implementation and operational experience is required for this leadership role. - A consistent track record with managing, motivating and providing technical guidance to a team of software engineers and functional business analysts to draw out their best work will be key to success. - Ensuring quality in every deliverable. - Creative thinking, strong problem solving, and the ability to collaborate with multi-functional, global teams in a fast-paced environment will be meaningful attributes to possess
Education & Experience
- BS degree in Computer Science / Engineering plus 12+ years software development experience or MS degree plus 10+ years software development experience or equivalent experience.
- - Strong exposure to designing and developing iOS application is highly preferred.