Software Engineer, Emerging Technologies
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine a dynamic and exciting environment where teams of people are dedicated to groundbreaking innovative technologies that accelerate solutions for one of the most valuable companies in the world. Apple’s Emerging Technology Solutions team is passionate about building cutting edge solutions and platforms at Internet scale. You will build full stack solutions that deal with big data, machine learning and emerging technologies. The systems being implemented are high-demand operating at hyper-scale and handling outstandingly large volumes of critical data.
- Strong expertise in Java, Relational and NoSQL Databases, object oriented analysis and design
- Experience in engineering highly scalable, mission critical, reliable and distributed systems.
- Experience in application and implementation of Machine Learning solutions and data pipelines
- Experience in configuring, performance monitoring & tuning of middleware
- Knowledge of different queue and transport mechanisms
- Knowledge of data persistence, consistency and replication
- Knowledge of data security and securing infrastructure with TLS, data encryption etc.
- JVM Tuning, Unix Performance Monitoring
We are looking for strong programmers with expertise in building platforms that provide solutions to some of the largest and highly scaled applications in the world. You are an excellent engineer with good understanding of various distributed system concepts, and you'll work with partners, Project managers, and cross-discipline teams. Passionate about writing high quality code and comfortable to go through the scrutiny of detailed audits. You're passionate about exploring new emerging technologies for novel solutions and are motivated to seek problems with outstanding development and analytical skills. This is a core engineering role that requires you to be hands-on in coding, building and tuning highly scalable, distributed services that handle large volumes of data. You will join a hands-on development team that fosters creativity and generates novel solutions to deliver engineering perfection. Responsibility: The primary responsibility will be system design, writing code and delivering solutions Software architecture, design and scaling Performance tuning and debugging Data analysis Exploring new solutions, approaches and technologies Brainstorming new insights and platforms Dedicated and self-motivated Good interpersonal skills Have good oral/written communication skills
Education & Experience
BS/MS in Computer Science or equivalent experience