Financial Analyst - R&D Finance
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Join the Apple Finance organization and make a positive impact on one of the most influential technology leaders in the industry. At Apple, you’ll share in a commitment to excellence by partnering with a world-class team to create innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about fueling innovation. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking. If you exemplify our values and want to be part of something big, contact us today.
- Candidate must possess excellent communication and problem-solving skills, be intellectually curious and thrive in a fast paced environment working with cross-functional teams. A strong background in Accounting and Finance is key. Experience in Excel, Essbase, SAP and audit all preferred.
- Demonstrated analytical and problem solving capabilities.
- Demonstrated ability to gather and analyze large amounts of data at a macro and micro level.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Collaborative; able to build consensus among cross-functional teams.
- Demonstrated ability to work autonomously.
- Hands-on financial experience performing budgeting, forecasting, reporting and analysis a plus.
- CPA is a plus.
The R&D Finance team provides financial support and business analysis to our development teams. The analysis supports strategic product development and technology investment decisions. This position is for a financial analyst, a critical business partner for the development teams. This fast paced role provides a unique opportunity to participate in the decisions leading to Apple’s game changing products. Specific responsibilities include the following: Product development cost analysis Moderate involvement in accounting close Headcount reporting and forecast Financial analysis supporting product and capital investment decisions Maintain, create and implement internal controls Transactional process analysis & improvement Analyze and present key performance indicators for critical spend drivers
Education & Experience
Bachelor's degree in Accounting or Finance preferred with a minimum of 5 years relevant experience.