Senior Americas Site Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
In RE&D, we don’t sit back and let things happen, we make things happen, and we do this in service to all Apple employees and customers. Our team is a diverse and nimble group that manages Apple’s workplaces and workplace services. We develop and manage Apple’s global real estate portfolio, lead all related capital construction projects, provide outstanding facilities and site services, develop and lead sustainability initiatives to reduce the environmental impact of all Apple facilities, including commute and renewable energy programs, and do everything we can to ensure the health and safety of all Apple personnel, facilities, and customers in our facilities around the world. We are seeking an experienced, collaborative, and highly motivated senior facilities professional to join our team and oversee the management and operation of all Apple corporate and R&D facilities in the Americas, other than those located in Silicon Valley.
- 15+ years of building engineering, facility/construction/project management experience with a demonstrated focus in making buildings outstanding workplaces
- Experience managing a full-scale in-sourced facilities or project management team tasked with delivering exceptional results in a fiscally responsible manner
- Deep expertise in the planning, scheduling, budgeting, resourcing, and executing of all technical services required to maintain and improve a large real estate portfolio. This includes mechanical, electrical, plumbing, controls, fire-alarm, janitorial, landscaping, flooring, lighting, furniture, warehousing, pest control, interior plants, and call-center services
- Extensive knowledge of and experience with the upkeep and function of buildings, building systems, machinery, landscape, and quality improvement projects
- Ability to balance the trade-offs between operational risk and investment, constantly seeking the highest quality and design at the best value
- Excellent leadership, communication, and supervisory skills, including experience working with all levels of an organization and ability to manage customer service issues involving employees in a professional and positive manner
- Capability to diagnose, manage and resolve maintenance issues quickly and efficiently, including experience prioritizing and assigning repairs
- Demonstrated ability to oversee ground up construction and tenant improvement projects, as well as scheduled maintenance programs
- Conservation and sustainable building maintenance practices
- Experience building and maintaining relationships with facility operation, maintenance & services companies, utility companies, government agencies, architectural & design firms, and general contracting firms.
The Senior Americas Site Manager will be overseeing a team of seasoned professionals throughout the Americas who have direct site responsibilities in different geographies, including over 9.3 million square feet of space, with significant portfolio growth underway.
Education & Experience
Bachelor's Degree in Mechanical, Electrical, Industrial, or Building Construction Management preferred.