Content Planner, Cupertino
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Sales and Business Development
The Worldwide Channel Interactive Technology Team at Apple manages the systems and tools that enable the in-store demo experience for millions of customers in our Channel storefronts. We are looking for a dynamic Demo Platform Content Planner who will deliver locally relevant and engaging digital content to hundreds of thousands of iOS, macOS, tvOS and watchOS demo devices across the globe. In this role, you will cultivate multiple cross functional partnerships in order to deliver best in class in store digital experiences. You would embody the following: A deep understanding of identifying what matters most for our millions of customers worldwide, an analytical and innovative approach, and the ability to prioritize and communicate effectively across both technical and business audiences.
- Passion for iOS, macOS, tvOS, watchOS, The App Store, and Apple hardware
- Competent performing duties on macOS and a high level of comfort with common technology platforms
- Experience working in an international role and be comfortable working with content in multiple foreign languages
- 5-7 years of project management experience.
- 3 years retail specific experience, preferably within the consumer electronics sector
- Sales/Marketing experience within the technology industry a strong plus.
- Experience collecting feedback and organizing large data sets
- Highly proficient in Excel/Numbers, and Keynote applications. Tableau and FileMaker an advantage.
- Innate curiosity for consumer trends and a strong sense of empathy for the Customer
- Extremely detailed oriented, with a passion for finding discrepancies
- Very strong organization skills
- A consummate communicator with the ability to tailor their messaging across a wide range of technical and non-technical audiences.
- Proven cross-functional, collaboration and influential leadership skills
- A problem solver with proactive approach, comfortable with peak periods of intensity
- Ability to think on their feet, keeping calm in a fast-paced ever-evolving environment, and successfully navigate ambiguity
Work closely with the Production team to understand capacity and capability, ensuring key timelines can be met with appropriate resources Liaise with the worldwide and in-market marketing teams to support the deployment of special campaigns on device. Ensuring clear communication of process, timelines and deliverables Interface with in-market teams to synthesize content needs and maintain a relevant and impactful content pipeline Manage an exhaustive POR (Plan Of Record) which might regularly change direction for all content elements such as Photo metadata, app content localization Develop a strong understanding of the current trends and developments within the app economy/consumer electronics industry and use them to formulate insights that ultimately inform future platform roadmaps Manage a deeply cross functional, global app nomination process multiple times per year Perform app testing of demo apps (typically ~250 apps per cycle) in terms of appropriateness, effectiveness and performance. Once tested, provide feedback on findings to Developers, Product Marketing and App Store editorial teams Create and maintain ~1500 unique content layouts per financial quarter across all Apple product lines, ensuring locally relevant layouts per market Manage app repository and ensure all apps remain ready to deploy or archive ‘stale apps’ to prevent accidental use Maintain database of app key features and layout information Maintain an internal content planning tool Prepare datasets for reporting purposes Perform app testing both pre and post production to ensure quality and performance Curate content deliverables from multiple sources and in multiple languages Drive efficiencies through collaboration and process enhancements
Education & Experience