Point of Sale Engineering Service Reliability Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
We at Apple don’t just build products — we craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that supports the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. IS&T Point of Sale (POS) Engineering team is responsible for the technology and IT systems used to enable Apple Retail Stores to service millions of customers enabling Apple Retail to become one of the best retailers in the world. We bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! Do you enjoy solving complex problems with process and technology? Do you thrive in environments that require multi-functional thinking, collaboration, and innovation? If so, this may be the Role for you.
- Strong sense of ownership, customer service, and integrity, proven through clear communication.
- Passion for eliminating repetitive manual processes using automation
- Demonstrated ability to understand programming languages such as Java.
- Knowledge of Databases & SQL
- Understanding of Linux Operating Systems
- Hands on experience with EasyPay
- Understanding of Apple Retail Store processes
You will have the opportunity to work with a group of “A” player software engineers from related but different backgrounds to make POS & EasyPay truly innovative. The ideal candidate takes pride in investigating and resolving incidents in the moment but also analyzing the root cause to mitigate future partner concerns. They will work collaboratively with multi-functional teams in both IS&T and the business to identify issues, design the best solution, and work with the engineering team to accurately test and deploy changes. To be successful in this role, the candidate must be hands-on, proactive, hardworking at problem solving, have the approach to challenge the norm, and have a strong desire to learn and work towards perfection. They will also: -Monitor application health and build solutions to ensure stability -Handle the investigation of incidents -Partner and work collaboratively with teams both inside and outside of IS&T -Drive the stability and scalability of the POS application -Document and communicate solutions for troubleshooting steps with a global team -Develop and maintain a solid understanding of trends and standard methodologies within Apple -Lead and/or participate in the development of functional requirements and technical specifications
Education & Experience
BA/BS degree or minimum of 3 years Apple Retail experience preferred.
- Comfortable with on-call rotation and weekend working
- Strong attention to detail with excellent analytical capabilities
- Experience in troubleshooting problems and working within a team to resolve issues.