Accessibility Software Quality Engineer
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to shape the future of technology and accessibility? Are you interested in improving the lives of people with disabilities? Apple’s Accessibility Software Engineering Department is seeking a hardworking tester to qualify industry-leading assistive technologies, while ensuring our mainstream software products maintain world-class levels of usability and performance for customers with accessibility needs. The ideal candidate will have significant experience in quality assurance testing, and be knowledgeable of modern assistive technology products and solutions.
- You are comfortable writing technical bug reports.
- You are comfortable using command line interface to collect logs and diagnose problems.
- You are a meticulous planner who writes comprehensive test plans.
- Your written and technical communication skills are excellent.
- You are upbeat, adaptable, and results-oriented with a positive attitude.
- You have excellent judgment and integrity with the ability to make timely and sound decisions.
- You are a problem solver and strong collaborator with strong interpersonal skills, and a track record of working cross-functionally.
- You are self-motivated and proactive with demonstrated creative and critical thinking capabilities.
- You prioritize, drive, and track initiatives on a daily basis.
- You bring passion and dedication to your job.
- You are committed to Apple’s vision of supporting the accessibility community.
In this role, you will be part of the team that builds Apple’s world renowned accessibility products. You will be focused on testing products such as VoiceOver, Voice Control, Speak Screen, and Guided Access. You will also write and edit test suites to ensure we comprehensively test our products. You will collaborate with cross-functional teams inside Apple to ensure our platforms and related features are accessible. Responsibilities include using our products as an assistive technology customer; analyzing and isolating bugs across software components; testing and debugging new software and hardware features; documenting this testing in test suites, performing acceptance and integration testing on daily software releases; and finding new and creative solutions to challenging accessibility problems that will surprise and delight people of all abilities. Bonus Skills (Desired, but not strictly required) - Deep experience with operating systems and command line tools. - Deep knowledge of various assistive technology features, especially Apple’s. - Fluency in multiple spoken languages. - Experience using TSTT in Radar (or an equivalent product). You will be working with a team of smart, creative, and dedicated individuals, in an engaging and fast-paced environment. If you’re ready to do the best, most rewarding work of your life, come join the team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Human Computer Interaction, or relevant work experience.