ALAC Operations / AppleCare Finance Analyst
Coral Gables, Florida, United States
The people here at Apple don’t just create products — they create the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Be a key player in our Organization. Help architect our future. Be part of the most successful global retailer in the world. At Apple, you'll share a dedication to excellence by partnering with world-class managers, all with one unified vision – creating innovative products that delight customers. Finance is about “fueling innovation”. We do this by hiring quality individuals with integrity, personal accountability, teamwork, excellence, and proactive thinking We're looking for a strong, highly organized individual who can solve problems, manage multiple deliverables and work as part of a team. You possess outstanding analytical, interpersonal and communication skills. You 're able to work with minimal direct supervision, while performing a variety of sophisticated and non-routine tasks and effectively deal with ambiguity and uncertainty. Operations Finance is a support division that consolidates and analyzed the cost of the products as a main responsibility. Applecare is the service and support division that offers a range of support options for customers. Apple's Applecare Finance organization strives to do just that, delight customers. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it!
- High degree of business and financial acumen.
- Very detail oriented and able to handle vast amounts of data efficiently and accurately.
- Ability to partner and influence cross-functionally at all levels of the organization.
- Proven analytical and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to communicate with and explain financial concepts to non-finance people.
- Demonstrated drive for success and a passion for growth and development.
- Ability to simultaneously focus on the near- and long-term aspects of the business.
- Highly organized; maintain the highest level of accuracy.
- Good knowledge of Brazil’s PPB legislation and manufacturing process.
- 8+ years of relevant finance/accounting experience.
- Solid understanding and experience in US / BR GAAP and Brazilian tax accounting.
- Strong handling of Excel and SAP are required.
- Project Management knowledge is preferred.
- Proficient in English and Portuguese or Spanish.
Primary responsibilities on Ops Finance role are: Responsible for the consolidation of all component costs for the Local Manufactured products, and the NPI, working with cross functional business partners to ensure that costs are accurately captured. Manage and Forecast the Brazilian R&D related to the PPB tax benefits. Able to participate/negotiate with Industry association (like ABINEE) and/or Gov’t officials. Make sure Apple is in compliance with PPB regulations. Ad Hoc analysis and support for the Business Operations team. Primary responsibilities on AppleCare Finance role are: Cost per Repair analysis. Costs & Taxes involved for In Warranty operations. P&L consolidation and analysis. Variances and Margin analysis. - Warranty accruals, analysis and reporting. - Call center, cost center, procurement analysis and reporting. Month Closed/Forecast activities for both global and local books Consumer-end pricing. Taxes included and Service Provider margin. Represents ALAC Finance in system project related to the countries. Ad Hoc analysis and support for the Field Service team. This position must interact with many groups outside Finance, including Operations, Procurement, Manufacturing, Tooling team, Product Marketing, GBS and Logistics many of these groups based in Cupertino. This role will work closely with the Cupertino based AppleCare Finance team.
Education & Experience
Bachelor in Business / Economics / Finance / Accounting. MBA is a plus.