Global Influence & Social Actions Lead
Culver City, California, United States
At Beats by Dre, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and consumer experiences very quickly. If you bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you can accomplish. We’re seeking a Global Influence & Social Actions Lead who will lead a team of diverse skill sets that keeps Beats at the heart of youth culture and social progress. You will identify and work with brands and influencers that extend the ideals, beliefs and energy of Beats, crafting custom products and executing ‘drops’ that drive consumer passion. Through extensive relationships with key influencers, you will focus on driving broad coverage and earned media for Beats key initiatives in music, sports and gaming. Additionally, you manage a team that focuses on ensuring that Beats is the leading brand in ambitiously driving social progress and the ongoing support of Black communities. This team will drive Beats internal activities to keep team members engaged in and focused on living the ideals we fully support, and ensuring that these ideals come to life in our messages to consumers. A dynamic and inspirational leader, you will build collaborative partnerships across the organization based on trust and mutual respect. A strong communicator, storyteller and presenter who will present to and interact with C-level partner executives and collaborate cross-functionally with Apple leaders and teams.
- 10+ years experience in consumer products and/or services marketing, driving consumer passion for loved brands
- Experience leading social action initiatives and leading an organization to integrate social progress thinking into everything we do
- Deep understanding of product development processes and the ability to collaborate and partner with product design & development teams
- Understanding of fashion, design and cultural trends as they influence and impact a youth audience
- Deep knowledge of music, sports and gaming landscapes and how youth consumer behaviors are evolving
- Dynamic storyteller able to engage audiences and drive consumer interest and demand
- Strong partner relationship building skills that lead to outstanding collaborative partnerships
- Experience with project management & operations, with a proven record to drive strategic frameworks all the way through execution
- Dynamic team leader with a history of success of developing top talent and building positive cross-team collaborative partnerships
- Outstanding presentation and communication skills
- Analyze consumer trend reports and additional sources to identify key partners for Beats to work with on custom product development - Align Beats social action initiatives to make the biggest impact on the communities we support; partner with organizations that can benefit from the ideals and values that Beats believes in - Manage large-scale company engagement on social action projects, ensuring these efforts are at the core of our marketing team initiatives - Maximize the coverage of and word-of-mouth support for Beats projects, driving increased passion for the Beats brand and products - Manage a high-performing team with a broad range of skills, including those focused on product design, project management, influencer relationships, social action and brand management - Build trustworthy cross-team partnerships with product development, sales/channel and operations/R&D teams
Education & Experience
Bachelor’s degree required; MBA strongly preferred.