Business Development & Strategy - Team Leader
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe great ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Are you passionate about bringing new products to life? Are you interested in working at the forefront of operations innovation? We hope you will consider joining our Apple team!
- Manage a team that supports various projects and deal activity for other groups at Apple,
- Lead research and commercial strategy development with internal teams,
- Clearly and concisely present key findings and proposals to senior executives,
- Maintain relationships with third party executive teams to develop, negotiate, and execute agreements for technology creation, licensing, and partnerships,
- Have a deep understanding of deal terms and the ability to solve creatively in complex situations to achieve objectives and mitigate risk,
- Collaborate across Apple organizations including engineering, legal, finance, marketing, and others to ensure technical and business objectives are met.
As a Business Development & Strategy Team Leader you will lead a team for commercial engagements between Apple’s engineering/product organizations and external partners for next-generation technologies and services. In this role you will be responsible for coordinating cross-functionally, solving problems creatively, developing deal structures and leading engagement, strategy, as well as negotiations with Apple’s partners. The position requires a keen understanding of complex commercial contracts, intellectual property and operations.
Education & Experience
BA/BS + 5 years of relevant experience, including leading people MBA and/or JD preferred
- •Ability to resolve ambiguity by applying structure and principles and systematically using data
- •Knowledge of sophisticated commercial contracts
- •Knowledge of licensing and intellectual property a plus
- •Experience negotiating technology development and supplier agreements
- •Experience in operations and supply chain
- •Strong analytical skills, and the ability to work both independently and collaboratively
- •Willingness to travel internationally (20% - 30%)