Senior Operations Finance Analyst
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. Do you love thinking analytically? Are you passionate about using your financial knowledge to navigate complex challenges? Just as our customers find value in Apple products, the Finance group finds value for both Apple and its shareholders. As part of this group, you’ll play an integral role in ensuring our day-to-day financial health. You and your team will support Apple’s growth, both top and bottom line, by applying the same level of innovation toward financial matters as we do toward our products and services. You’ll also collaborate with Apple teams across the world to develop more effective investment strategies and risk management. Finance is critical to upholding our global commitment to excellence, and it is directly responsible for shaping the company’s future. Join us, and you’ll have an important role in continuing Apple’s legacy of efficiency and success. Apple’s Strategic Deals and Risk Management team is tasked with deploying financial expertise to solve complex operational challenges within the company’s global supply chain. Apple’s supply chain is unparalleled in its complexity and a cornerstone of the company’s renowned worldwide operations, balancing the demands of global scale and cutting-edge technology with efficiency and adaptability. These challenges include, not just the demands of present situation (such as product cost and availability), but also those of the future (such as supply chain sustainability and carbon footprint). We are looking for a savvy professional with top-level finance talent to join our team as a Senior Operations Finance Analyst. This position requires not only complex financial analyses, but also the ability to drive tangible operational results both within and outside of the organization. This is a highly visible role with significant cross-functional team engagement and executive exposure. You should, therefore, have outstanding interpersonal, team-building, and communication skills. Finally, we seek someone who embodies what it means to be “Apple”. This person is fueled by a passion to do their life’s best work, thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic environment, and has the curiosity and drive to consistently deliver world-class results.
- 4+ years of finance experience required (e.g. Investment Banking, Consulting, Private Equity, Corporate Development, Restructuring, Big 4 Transaction Services)
- Thorough understanding of and experience with accounting, financial statement analysis, and financial forecast evaluation
- Detailed knowledge of capital structure analysis, including causes of financial distress and potential solutions
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, and ability to articulate complex financial data and concepts in simple business terms
- Highly motivated self-starter, with proven ability to think strategically and motivate change across a global organization
- Strong prioritization skills, with track record of successfully managing multiple, complex projects simultaneously
- Business fluency in Mandarin a strong plus, but not required
Specific responsibilities will include (but are not limited to): - Performing corporate credit assessments to drive strategic sourcing decisions; - Engaging with supplier C-suite executives to lead in-depth financial reviews that reveal both financial challenges and potential solutions; - Developing and driving operational risk mitigation solutions during situations of supplier financial distress; - Negotiating, structuring, and executing supply chain finance and renewable energy transactions; and, - Building detailed financial models of supplier profitability, cash flow, and capital structure under multiple business scenarios.
Education & Experience
BS/BA or equivalent in business or related field MBA, CPA or CFA preferred