Senior Java Engineer
Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Every single day, people do amazing things at Apple! Do you want to impact billions of users by developing an extraordinary product with a prime focus on accuracy, understandability and performance of the product? Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile & Messaging Apps team at Apple creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App, used by millions of Apple customers. By integrating revolutionary iOS technologies and high performance services, along with embracing the latest HI design standards, the Apple Store App sets the bar for iOS apps. In addition to the app, we also build the next generation of Apple’s engagement and communication with customers through Messaging Apps, powering the company’s official accounts on WeChat and iOS Business Chat. This position is for the Mobile and Messaging Apps, Server Side engineering. This is a fast growing business where your technical expertise as a Sr. Software Engineer will be challenged and you will be working along the top tier of the industry. Come join a team where your efforts will play a key role in the success of Apple Business!
- Proven understanding of Java 11.
- Knowledge of J2EE and Spring MVC frameworks.
- We are looking for proven expertise in multi-tiered application development, and familiarity with design considerations such as Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), performance, scalability, re-usability and flexibility.
- Demonstrated proficiencies on brainstorming and communicating technology ideas and issues with peers and IT management.
- We need you to have solid understanding of software development methods and processes including Waterfall and Agile development practices.
- Extraordinary communication skills, for collaborating across many participating teams.
- Expertise with NoSQL databases, preferably Cassandra.
- Extensive experience with web application servers such as Tomcat or Jetty.
- Experience with high traffic eCommerce applications, or online merchandising web sites.
- Knowledge of languages used in the mobile space such as Objective-C and Swift.
- Willingness to really commit and work in a startup-like culture.
- Self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
Your responsibility will be building and maintaining high-traffic server side micro services that provide the API endpoints for the Apple Store App. This includes e-commerce logic dealing with Product Pages, Product Search, Merchandising pages and campaigns, Checkout Process, Order Status and all different areas required by a Mobile e-Commerce solution. As a Senior Software Engineer you are encouraged to design & architect solutions for our Mobile Applications that are top in the industry, and drive the implementation. You will define integration to other systems via services and APIs, key customizations and extensions of the systems, data conversions and migrations. You will interact with other Apple teams and IT groups on an ongoing basis.
Education & Experience
BS, MS, or PhD in Computer Science or equivalent work experience