Software Development Engineer (Operations)
Austin, Texas, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just build products — they craft the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that encourages the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. The Product Service Engineering Team (PSE) is a part of Engineering Operations team and is responsible for developing manufacturing solutions used to create and service future Apple products. The PSE SW Team is seeking a highly motivated individual with a background in Software Development. In this position, the candidate’s primary responsibility will be collaborating closely with other Apple SW Development teams and various hardware and testing teams to design and develop innovative products and software solutions. The PSE Software Engineer will also be responsible for maintaining and improving existing software.
- Minimum 5 years of experience in programing in C, C++, or Objective C
- Experience with Unix and/or Linux
- Excellent knowledge of TCP/IP and HTTP
- Experience with scripting languages such as Python, Perl, Ruby, shell scripts etc
- Excellent debugging skills: ability to quickly recognize patterns in failures
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in manufacturing software solutions is a plus
- Self-motivated with excellent time management skills and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Proficient in using a variety of productivity tools and programming languages
- Up to 25% domestic and international travel required
Work cross functionally to define requirements. Work alongside developers to define architecture & design. Develop scalable software and be comfortable in Design reviews. Develop Unit test plan and work closely with QA team to help develop integration plan. Work with QA team to help debug production issues. Should be well versed with Git and bug tracking systems - can comfortably use them in day to day development processes Provide constructive feedback for testability and suitable solutions relying on data to explain technical decisions
Education & Experience
BS in Computer Science. MS preferred.