Austin, Texas, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, phenomenal ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish! We are seeking an energetic and self-driven software engineer with a solid understanding of systems architecture and hardware components. As a key member of our software team, you write, maintain and debug software that collects vital information about our platforms. These platforms are the bedrock of the internet services that will delight and encourage millions of Apple’s customers every day.
- 5+ years of software development
- 3+ years of LINUX experience
- experience operating at scale 2000+ systems
- code repositories like git
- CI/CD pipeline
- IPv4 / netmasks / gateways / IPv6 concepts
- vip’s / acl’s / load balancers
- dns / http / https / certificates
- LINUX network tuning / sockets
- JSON data structures / SQL interfaces
- C, Go and Python
- PC system architecture
You will be a member of a small team tasked to maintain a vital part of our software stack that provides inside into the operational state of our fleet. We are constantly adding new technology and removing old technology from the fleet. The software stack you will be maintaining has to stay ahead of those changes to keep our fleet operational. You will be pulled into exciting project developing new and groundbreaking technology as well as support escalations.
Education & Experience
MS or BS Degree in Computer, Reliability, or Electrical Engineering or related field.
- Apple is an Equal Opportunity Employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We also take affirmative action to offer employment and advancement opportunities to all applicants, including minorities, women, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities. Apple will not discriminate or retaliate against applicants who inquire about, disclose, or discuss their compensation or that of other applicants.
- Apple participates in the E-Verify program in certain locations as required by law.
- Apple's committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities.