Senior Video Software Engineer
San Diego, California, United States
Apple revolutionizes how people interact with technology. We take great ideas, apply hard work and total dedication to the customer experience, and produce great products and services that our customers can't live without. Our commitment to excellence and our creativity enable our customers to do amazing things. We build technology that inspires people. What inspires you? Creating something new and finding solutions for complex problems? Delighting millions of people across the planet and working with world-class innovators? All of the above? Then we want to talk to you about this job opportunity. Apple's Technology Development Group works with advanced technologies, including the augmented reality (AR) platform ARKit and Metal 2, to create ground-breaking new products. We are looking for a C++ Video Software Engineer to work with our team of high-performing and risk-taking innovators to create services that are out of this world.
- 5+ years of experience in the following:
- Fundamentals in Image, Audio and Video Processing
- Coding skills in C++
- One of the following meta build systems: WAF, CMAKE
You will work in a team of engineers to add new backend capabilities, working with existing Apple service backends such as iCloud. You will create and deploy backend services focused on 3D content. Looking for something new to work on that will challenge you and connect you with some of the best backend engineers at Apple? Are you curious and love learning new things, while working with the best creative people in the industry to solve hard technical problems? As a self-starter that prefers to work with a great team, you may be the engineer we are looking for. Especially if you like to have fun with the people you work with!
Education & Experience
BSCS or comparable degree and/or relevant experience
- - Encoding/Decoding: HEVC, H264
- - GPU APIs: OpenCL, Cuda, Metal
- - Ability to work in multi-functional teams
- Apple’s most important resource, our soul, is our people. Apple benefits help further the well-being of our employees and their families in meaningful ways. No matter where you work at Apple, you can take advantage of our health and wellness resources and time-away programmes. We’re proud to provide stock grants to employees at all levels of the company, and we also give employees the option to buy Apple stock at a discount — both offer everyone at Apple the chance to share in the company’s success. You’ll discover many more benefits of working at Apple, such as programmes that match your charitable contributions, reimburse you for continuing your education and give you special employee pricing on Apple products.
- Apple benefits programmes vary by country and are subject to eligibility requirements.
- Apple is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to inclusion and diversity. We take affirmative action to ensure equal opportunity for all applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, Veteran status, or other legally protected characteristics. Apple is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodation to applicants with physical and mental disabilities. Apple is a drug-free workplace