Senior Technical Project Manager
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Imagine what you could do here! At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming great products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Mobile and Messaging Apps Team is a highly cohesive team operating in an exciting and fast-paced Agile development environment. The team creates mobile e-commerce and retail experience through the Apple Store App for iPhone, iPad and Apple Watch. The team is also responsible for Apple’s next generation platform for engagement and communication with customers through Messaging apps such as Apple Messages and WeChat.
- At least 8 years of project management in software development. iOS app development highly desirable.
- Outstanding communication and presentation skills (written and verbal) to all levels of an organization.
- Strong facilitation skills (requirements sessions, design meetings, progress and status meetings).
- Strong technical proficiency, especially relating to e-commerce: server architecture and development, systems integration, reconciliation with the ability to frame technical solutions/options and influence business acceptance.
- Deep understanding of Agile practices and service-oriented environments.
- You will need to grasp issues quickly and while factoring in technical dependencies and system limitations, make decisions in the absence of information.
- Strong organizational and tracking skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills - both business facing and Engineering.
- We seek a self starter, forward-thinking person with strong leadership capabilities.
- You will interact with many other group’s internal team to lead and deliver outstanding products in an exciting fast-paced environment.
- Multifaceted, smart people and inspiring, innovative technologies are the norm here. Will you join us in crafting solutions that do not yet exist?
This is a hands-on position where the Technical Project Manager will be involved in business requirements analysis, functional and technical design discussions, testing, working with key strategic partners, and more. This is not a task-based job; you will be responsible for the delivery and success of your features. You will drive and ship all aspects of large, cross-functional projects and feature areas. You will coordinate multiple concurrent projects including scope, requirements, timelines, risks and resource allocation. You will lead communication — informing status and issues to team members, management and other project partners.
Education & Experience
BS degree in computer science or equivalent field with a minimum of 8 years of relevant industry experience and at least 5 years in a project manager position. MBA degree highly desirable. Industry recognized Certified Scrum Master or Project Management Professional certification highly desirable.