Strategic Operations Program Manager - iPhone
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Operations and Supply Chain
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we believe excellent ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. We believe when you bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The Strategic Operations Program Manager (OPM) is responsible for OEM operations readiness and execution during the sustaining phase of the product lifecycle. You will be the primary operations interface to other functional organizations like Planning, Materials, Engineering, Finance, OEMs and leadership teams to ensure continuity of supply and drive cost/process initiatives across global manufacturing sites. Our mission is to build a successful transition from product launch to ramp followed by product sustainment to end of life.
- Prior experience in manufacturing, supply chain management, supply demand management, or/and project management
- Strong written and verbal skills with a clear ability to articulate project updates to executives
- Natural leader and facilitator
- Dynamic, driven, organized and detail oriented
- Excels in program/project management
- Strong analytical and Excel skills
- Is able to thrive in an ambiguous environment; is adept at facilitating actions and resolving conflicts; leads through relationships and influence; and displays grace under fire.
- Able and willing to travel internationally 10-15%
• Actively collaborate with internal teams to be informed of changing demand in order to drive daily production activities. • Ensure ongoing materials availability, timely production schedules, adequate output quantities and efficient shipments to meet business requirements. • Successfully communicate with cross functional teams in Engineering and Operations to qualify new programs in manufacturing sites to ensure launch schedules are met • Work closely with the local Apple team, production site and contract manufacturers to streamline order cycle times and build in production flexibility. • Drive the overall operations schedule, production planning and materials readiness to meet product development schedule landmarks. • Plan optimally for short-term and long-term capacity by working closely with CapEx, technical teams and supply chain partners.
Education & Experience
-Bachelor's degree in Business Operations, Engineering, Operations Research or related field. -Master's degree, MBA or management consulting experience in Operations preferred.