Head of External Engagement + Strategic Planning for Legal and Global Security Operations
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, we quickly turn new ideas into extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences. Bring your vision and dedication to Apple, and there’s no telling what you could accomplish. The Legal and Global Security Operations Head of External Engagement and Strategic Planning has a unique opportunity to manage a large network of outside law firm and vendor relationships as well as the indirect procurement of legal services spend for the department worldwide. We are looking for an experienced attorney who will work closely with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to manage external firm and vendor relationships, work with cross-functional partners in procurement and finance, manage the billing and budgeting, and propose innovative opportunities to manage relationships and spend. You would also contribute to strategic planning. You will partner closely with legal and security personnel to implement process efficiencies and drive development of world-class processes and tools.
- 15+ years experience working with in-house legal departments or in the operations or indirect-procurement areas
- Juris Doctorate required; business degree a plus
- Department-wide Law Firm Management Experience Required; Operations and Procurement Experience Is Preferred But Not Required
- Meaningful experience at a high level of legal department management.
- Ability to work collaboratively with senior leadership and contribute meaningfully to strategic planning initiatives.
- Track record of identifying innovative opportunities, presenting plans and building support for improvement in law department processes.
- Experience building a relationship program to enhance strategic partnerships with key law firms.
- Strong leadership, team work, communication and analytical skills.
- Ability to navigate and resolve diverse and complex issues in imaginative and effective ways.
- Knowledge of the latest industry trends and evolving market forces governing legal and expert firm rates and billing trends.
- Finding and pursuing cost reduction opportunities by challenging current structure, cost models, business processes, etc.
- Work side-by-side with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to lead cost reduction efforts and process improvements.
- Facility with technology and tools to implement process improvements to ebilling and matter management.
In this role you will report directly to the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations to manage a large network of outside law firm and vendor relationships as well as the indirect procurement of legal services spend for the department worldwide. The role will also include elements of strategic planning and management of a team supporting e-billing and matter management. You will deliver results by closely partnering with the Head of Legal and Global Security Operations, senior leadership, Apple attorneys, legal assistants and staff, security personnel and several cross functional teams, e.g. Procurement, IS&T, Finance, and the People team.
Education & Experience
Juris Doctorate required; business degree a plus