Notifications & Control Center Engineer, iOS
Santa Clara Valley (Cupertino), California, United States
Software and Services
Do you want to write software for millions of users? The Notifications & Control Center team is looking for a proactive and highly motivated engineer to contribute to current and future technologies.
- Excellent object-oriented programming and design skills
- Strong problem solving, critical thinking, and communication skills
- Deep understanding of optimization and performance issues across OS software layers
- Experience developing reusable public or private APIs
- Experience developing with Cocoa or other application frameworks
The Notifications team is responsible for iOS notifications, Notification Center and Control Center including Today View widgets and interactive notifications. As an engineer on the Notifications team, your responsibilities will range from implementing new features and defining API’s to fixing bugs and improving performance. You should have an excellent understanding of object-oriented software design, good debugging skills and an eagerness to work hard and learn a lot. As our team works cross-functionally with many other groups across our software stack, you should have a good understanding of systems and excellent communication and collaboration skills.
Education & Experience
Bachelor of Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- Knowledge of Objective-C
- Knowledge of Apple’s development APIs (Cocoa, Cocoa Touch, CoreFoundation, CoreGraphics, etc) Experience developing reusable public or private APIs
- Experience designing systems with many movable parts