Business Optimization Manager
Austin, Texas, United States
Support and Service
Imagine what you could do here. At Apple, new ideas have a way of becoming extraordinary products, services, and customer experiences very quickly. Bring passion and dedication to your job and there's no telling what you could accomplish. The people here at Apple don’t just craft products - they build the kind of wonder that’s revolutionized entire industries. It’s the diversity of those people and their ideas that inspires the innovation that runs through everything we do, from amazing technology to industry-leading environmental efforts. Join Apple, and help us leave the world better than we found it. AppleCare Specialty Operations is seeking an experienced manager to lead the Business Optimization Team. This person will be responsible for leading an internal team of Business Systems Analysts and external back office vendors responsible for ensuring AppleCare systems work to optimize the customer experience.
- Previous people management experience
- 5-10 years in running a very fast paced operations or back-office team
- Demonstrated experience in successfully mentoring diverse teams
- Solid understanding of systems such as SAP, GSX, GCRM, iLog, GSX and Mobile Genius a plus.
- Strong knowledge of AppleCare Repairs and Warranties
- Strong communication skills, both verbal and written. Must also show a proven ability to communicate clearly at all levels of the organization
- Excellent forward thinking capabilities. Must be able to see beyond the current state, identify risks/opportunities and drive project teams toward the desired program outcome.
- Ability to learn quickly, adapt to change and consistently multi-task
- Ability to see the “bigger picture” paired with an excellent attention to detail.
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills. Action and detailed oriented.
- A track record demonstrating strategic thought, leadership, innovation, and effectiveness at influencing others to drive meaningful change
Manage the day to day operations of the team that handles blocks, errors, and exceptions in AppleCare systems that prevent Apple for meeting our customer promise. Delve into the root cause of the above issues to seek system, process, or policy solutions to eliminate future issues. Key performance indicators including handle time, quality, and efficiency. Manage the business through metrics and identify where and how to focus team efforts to mitigate exceptions. Performing all management activities for staff including headcount forecasts, schedules, recruitment, training, performance evaluation, salary management and professional development through job assignment, coaching and training. A big part of this is employee motivation by establishing a clear and inspirational direction for the team. Relate well to a variety of people and possess the ability to communicate effectively at all levels. Including the ability to translate the scope and value of the team to diverse stakeholders. Cross functional coordination and influence in order to continually improve the customer experience. This role will also be responsible for cross-regional coordination, meetings and projects, which may require flexible hours. This individual will not be satisfied with the status quo, and will always be in search of a better way to do things in their role and within the organization that they influence.
Education & Experience
BS or equivalent degree in Business management or related field required.